MEDICAL ENGLISH VOCABULARY TRAINING
Common vocabulary used in nursing 3
If you're a nurse and would like to communicate better with your English-speaking patients, this exercise will help you by allowing you to practice useful terms/expressions nurses use every day.
(Choose the best response for each one)
1. The patient is still __________________________. ( = not awake)
2. The patient __________________________ ( = received/suffered) three large cuts on his forehead.
3. His oxygen __________________________ ( = the percentage of hemoglobin binding sites in the bloodstream occupied by oxygen) is at 95%.
4. We need to administer __________________________ oxygen to this patient. ( = the patient needs to be given more oxygen.)
5. The type of first aid that is given to an unconscious person is called __________________________.
6. A __________________________ is a tube that can be inserted into a patient's body to either inject or drain fluids.
7. _________________________ refers to when a person's body temperature is abnormally low.
8. We have to make sure that her ___________________________ ( = breathing passage) is secure.
9. Let's check his pupil size and __________________________. ( = how the pupils react to light, etc.).
10. A __________________________ test examines blood, urine, or hair for the presence of drugs.
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
LINK TO US
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: bes (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2018 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.